No sound on USB audio input for Roland HPD-20

Hi folks,

I would like to use my Roland Handsonic HPD-20 with ALSA on Linux.
It features an USB port which provides USB Audio and USB Midi.

Like described for other Roland products the HPD-20 gives the following
results:

* Midi In/Out both work fine.
* Audio Out works fine.
* Audio In can be selected in Pulse, but remains silent.
* Alsa mixer only shows "Midi Input Mode" with "High/Light load" values.
* When connecting the USB I get: Unable to change format on ep #84:
already in use

I've found the quirks-table.h, but I don't know what I should change there.
Any ideas how to get **USB Audio working correctly**? (It would even be
ok for me if USB Midi is not available for this instrument.)

Fun fact: Using Jack (with 44.100Hz/128/3/Jack midi must! be enabled) on
top I get audio input in applications using Jack. Though there is still
no audio mixer for it in ALSA.

Regards
Michael

----

Additional information:
Arch Linux with Kernel 4.7.

Format: S32_LE
Channels: 2
Rates: 44100

aplay -l:
Karte 2: HPD20 [HPD-20], Gerät 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
   Sub-Geräte: 1/1
   Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0

arecord -l:
Karte 2: HPD20 [HPD-20], Gerät 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
   Sub-Geräte: 1/1
   Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0

/proc/asound/cards:
  2 [HPD20          ]: USB-Audio - HPD-20
                       Roland HPD-20 at usb-0000:00:14.0-5.3, high speed

/proc/asound/devices:
  12: [ 2]   : control
  13: [ 2- 0]: digital audio playback
  14: [ 2- 0]: digital audio capture
  15: [ 2- 0]: raw midi

lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0582:0172 Roland Corp.
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol       255
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x0582 Roland Corp.
   idProduct          0x0172
   bcdDevice            0.01
   iManufacturer           1 Roland
   iProduct                2 HPD-20
   iSerial                 0
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength          167
     bNumInterfaces          3
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0xc0
       Self Powered
     MaxPower                0mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           0
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      2
       bInterfaceProtocol      2
       iInterface              0
       ** UNRECOGNIZED:  06 24 f1 01 00 00
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       1
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      2
       bInterfaceProtocol      2
       iInterface              0
       ** UNRECOGNIZED:  07 24 01 01 00 01 00
       ** UNRECOGNIZED:  0b 24 02 01 02 04 18 01 44 ac 00
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x05  EP 5 OUT
         bmAttributes            5
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               Asynchronous
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0070  1x 112 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        1
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           0
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      2
       bInterfaceProtocol      1
       iInterface              0
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        1
       bAlternateSetting       1
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      2
       bInterfaceProtocol      1
       iInterface              0
       ** UNRECOGNIZED:  07 24 01 07 00 01 00
       ** UNRECOGNIZED:  0b 24 02 01 02 04 18 01 44 ac 00
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x84  EP 4 IN
         bmAttributes           37
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               Asynchronous
           Usage Type               Implicit feedback Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0070  1x 112 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        2
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      3
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       ** UNRECOGNIZED:  06 24 f1 02 02 02
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               1
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               0
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        2
       bAlternateSetting       1
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      3
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               1
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               1
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
   bLength                10
   bDescriptorType         6
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass            8 Mass Storage