Re: About the bebob support for Focusrite Saffire Pro 10

On Jun 27 2016 12:04, Maurizio Berti wrote:
> According to your "quirk", it seems that the problem is similar to the
> one reported on the comments for the bug I linked, the powering down
> issue after packet streaming stops: that's what jack1 actually does on
> firewire interfaces while going in freewheeling mode, I own a Presonus
> Firebox and I can see its led signaling disconnection when Ardour goes
> on freewheel.
> Anyway, I don't use pulseaudio at all (I'm also building a new pc and I
> won't install it there either) and I never will.
> I will just use JACK and, of course, ALSA.
> If you can assure that that bug affects pulseaudio systems only, I think
> it will be good enough for me.

PulseAudio is not directly related to the main issue. I assume that you
work with 'ffado-mixer'.

Once you launch the application, 'ffado-dbus-server' launches. This
server has an issue to lost communication at bus-reset, due to libffado
defection as a system server. I described this issue in this thread:
https://sourceforge.net/p/ffado/mailman/message/35069329/

Typically, when starting to work with your unit, you change sampling
transfer frequency of the unit or signal sources of sampling clock. Then
in most cases the unit disappears from IEEE 1394 bus, then generate
bus-reset. If you start ffado-dbus-server in advance, you can't use
ffado-mixer anymore. Besides, in this case, you must kill
ffado-dbus-server manually in any terminals. To me, it's quite inconvenient.

That's the reason I recommend you to purchace another one. I know
there're many alternatives with more convenient features. It's 2016.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto