Re: How do I run arecord on raw digital mic buffer?

Rob Nertney wrote:
> is the best method to build a sound card and a capture PCM?

As compared to what?  Any other method will not allow your hardware to
be used for audio recording.

> do I copy the DMA buffer address in the TRIGGER case statements?

Your trigger callback is responsible for starting and stopping the DMA;
nothing else.

> I'm not sure where to do the framing of the data.

This is done by the hardware.  Your driver just describes the format of
the data.

> Most of the tutorials seem to imply an IRQ signals a frame of data has
> transferred

No, the DMA interrupt typically signals that a period of data has been
transferred.

How exactly does your DMA controller work?

(And development questions belong on the alsa-devel list.)

Regards,
Clemens