Re: aloop questions and a possible suggestion

Clemens Ladisch <cladisch <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Use PulseAudio.
>
> Or the file plugin:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-
lib/pcm_plugins.html#pcm_plugins_file
> (Which isn't easy to use.  It uses either a fixed file name, or an external
> script which you have to write yourself.)

Many thanks Clemens. From what you are saying, there might indeed be a use
for an ALSA loopback driver that simply relays the 'drain count' to the
playback side..? Or could PulseAudio be guaranteed to perform this function
without resampling? Maybe most people aren't worried about the need to
resample, but I see it as quite important even if only to save CPU power.