Re: Realtek ALC233 Internal Mic

Bumping to see if anyone might know the answer to my original request.

On 15 October 2015 at 18:16, Russell Knighton <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I have an Samsung 900X3G laptop, which has an Intel HDA Realtek ALC232 sound chip.

alsa-info.sh output here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=0e77cc857ada6a608cb3fa36e892800b320e544a

The internal microphone doesn't work for me; all I seem to get is a lot of hiss and noise.

I have tried every possible "model=" kernel parameter for the ALC232 chip (from the HD-Audio-Models.txt) document, but with no change in results - all the unload/reloads are shown in my alsa-info.sh output.

Another user with the same laptop has exactly the same problem, but apparently no resolution at this time: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1316518

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next to fix it?

I have tried adjusting all of the mic settings in alsamixer, and with unknown settings, I have managed to get occasional audio from the mic, but almost indistinguishable from the hissing noise; in headphones it is clear that the mic seems to have some audio in the left channel, but there is nothing but noise on the right channel - however it is not exactly easy to get anything from the Mic at all as the alsamixer settings feel almost random for when it works at all.

Ideally, I'd like to log a bug on the bugtracker, but this seems to be offline currently. Any idea where the bugtracker for ALSA now is?

Many thanks,

Russell