Re: Xonar STX S/PDIF output

John P. Hartmann wrote:
> I have such a card (chipset AV200) in a 64-bit ubuntu with the recent
> 3.13 kernel.

The most recent kernel would be 4.1, but there shouldn't have been any
relevant changes since then.

> I drive it directly via libsalsa.

Why?  Does it work with aplay?

Are you using the "Multichannel" or the "Digital" device?

> Analogue outputs work fine, but digital output fails to lock in the DA
> converter box, both optical and coax.
>
> The optical output does not light when S/PDIF is unmuted in alsamixer;
> but it does light when S/PDIF Loopback is unmuted.

The driver does not enable the output until something is actually being
played.  Do you get the light then?

Regards,
Clemens