No sound after plugging in earphones and systemd journal filling with messages.

Hi,

I'm having a problem on my laptop where the audio no longer plays after I
plug in my earphones. I've been suffering from this for a while, but only
recently have managed to reproduce this consistently. My method to reproduce
the problem:

1. Boot up the laptop, and start my window manager.
2. Insert my earphone jack into the laptop connector.
3. Open a terminal and type "speaker-test -c 2".
4. Nothing will happen, no sound plays, but I start getting "sound
hdaudioC0D0: hda-codec: out of range cmd..." messages in the systemd journal.

If I follow the above instructions but omit step 2) then I don't get this
problem.

I've uploaded the output of the alsa information script here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=dad705b735b7ba6e0361e4fc8d62aba4685d2609

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I would have searched the bug tracker first, except the Bug Tracker URL
in www.alsa-project.org doesn't seem to point to anything useful.