Realtek Sound on Asus X99-A Stopped Working

Audio output from my two week old Asus X99-A based system stopped
yesterday. (Sound was working without issue before that.) My system is a
dual boot setup and sound works when booted into Win7 so I don't think
there is malfunctioning hardware.

speaker-test and mplayer appear to work without error ... just no sound.
 I checked alsamixer for muted or low volumes.

I ran alsa-info_alsa-info.sh  and the output is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtgls0h61eszk9j/alsa-info.txt-20141207?dl=0

Near the end of the Gentoo Wiki Alsa article
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ALSA#Tips
it is suggested to look at all the files in
/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0. In my case several files state 'closed',
unlike the wiki example.  I don't know if this is relevant:

/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0]$ ls
hw_params  info  prealloc  prealloc_max  status  sw_params

/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0]$ cat *
closed
card: 0
device: 0
subdevice: 0
stream: PLAYBACK
id: ALC1150 Analog
name: ALC1150 Analog
subname: subdevice #0
class: 0
subclass: 0
subdevices_count: 1
subdevices_avail: 1
64
32768
closed
closed

Any help getting sound up and running again would be appreciated.