Avoid that Pulse blocks the hardware

Dear list,

I would like to setup my card so programs, like pulse, do not
lock the hardware.

I am not sure why it happens, this is my asound.conf file:

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm {
        @func getenv
        vars [ ALSAPCM ]
        default "pcm.PCH"
    }
}

pcm.PCH {
  type asym

  playback.pcm {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 9175930
    ipc_key_add_uid true
    slave {
      pcm "hw:PCH"
    }
  }

  capture.pcm {
    type dsnoop
    ipc_key 2412430
    ipc_key_add_uid true
    slave {
        pcm "hw:PCH"
        channels 2
    }
  }
}

The idea is to use a software mixer both for microphone and
speakers via dsnoop and dmix respectably. While being able to
select the hardware directly for programs who needs it (for
example wine programs don't like to speak to dmix it seems)

$ lspci | grep -i aud
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen
  Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series
  Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)

I see the problem mainly when I try to use Mumble and
Simplescreenrecorder at the same time. I do this because I want
to share the screen with a colleague when we are far away.

Any idea how to fix or it is simply better to buy a cheap usb
card to connect my microphone to it?

Yours faithfully,
Paolo