Troubleshooting Realtek ALC262 and Auto-Mute

Trying to get a setup where I can control in software whether sound
goes out speakers or a connected headphone jack (which will always be
connected).

The chip is a Realtek ALC262. Sound works fine on the speakers with no
HP connected, and works fine on the HP when connected.

I've gone through alsamixer and disabled AutoMute to no effect. I've
used hdajackretask and hda-analyzer to change settings but no effect
either (other than being able to mute L/R channels or modify volume).

I've loaded the latest drivers/packages from git and compiled with
debug, but I was unable to get any events coming through on the
tracer: http://pastebin.com/WxcsCc7r

Here are alsa-info clips of pre-post heaphone insertion.

Speakers: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=86e4be01cf8544089d449c370aaa70d3fcd24bb2

Headphone: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=7ce00bf2530ca13e374bf8a2620eaa57f2096795

I think I've exhausted my abilities for the moment. Any advice?