MOTU MTP AV USB

Hello,

I came into Linux a few weeks ago willing to use my 2007 PC to play my hardware synths. I landed in a dead-end trying to install my MIDI USB interface MOTU MTP AV USB.

After analysing all messages from dmesg, lsusb -v, etc. and reading on the net some unlucky owners of this unit and answers (on this list too), I understood it won't be recognized in Linux. MOTU doesn't talk about their protocols and won't provide any drivers. The fact that all USB MOTU products have the same ID doesn't help neither. And fortunately, developpers have to sleep and can't reverse engineer all "sealed" products that are on earth.

But still, I was wondering if there would be a chance that the driver coded for the parallel version could be adapted for the USB version. I read someone who was working on a driver for the MOTU Midi Express XT. Did he get through? Is this possible to have this working by combining old snd-mtpav with alsa usb drivers?

I'm asking this to have a definitive answer (if there could be one...) on the future of this unit on Linux. There are some units that are known to work, so maybe it isn't worth to want this one to work in Linux.

Thanks in advance for all answers.