Re: linux does not recognize my midi controller samson carbon 61

On 08/15/2014 05:25 PM, Lionel wrote:
> Thanks Daniel!

You're welcome!

> I decided to ask the vendor to fix the bug in the firmware. Do I have
> any expectation of success?

Probably not. Most audio hardware vendors don't care about Linux.

> What should be the best way to request
> support for linux?

Well, I already offered to provide a patch to at least make the device
be recognized by the USB subsystem layer. After that has happened, we
can look at the other decriptors and see what they yield.

It's likely, however, that the device is not compatible to any class
compliant driver. I'd even assume the vendor set bNumConfigurations to 1
on purpose so that Windows doesn't look at the device. But that's just
guessing.

Let me know if you want to give such a patch a try.

Daniel