Strange issue with VIA VT1731 USB32 chip firmware

Hello!

I recently updated the firmware for my Audio-gd DAC, which uses the VIA
VT1732 USB32 chip.

The DAC has settings for several over-sampling options (Wolfson WM8741
chip).
When over-sampling is set to 2, the DAC fails to "lock in" (it is
normally recognised, at least checking with "dmesg"), but has no
problems with locking in when over-sampling is set to 4 or 8.

By "does not lock in" I mean that noise is coming out, but this noise
stops if I just give the "aplay" command and after stoping, DAC plays
normally.

The noise also stops when anything is played through the DAC. As the
music file is started, the DAC "locks in" and does not reproduce the
problem.

This does not happen if I connect the DAC to a system that has kernel
3.13 or newer.
It does happen with kernel 3.12.9 or lower.

Where there any patches, which could explain this situation?
Could I use this patches on older kernels ?
Could I get some help, to find out what is actually happening?

Thanx,
Davor.