Re: USB Headset - Alsamixer Crash

Hey!

Only 1 trough 4 seem to work. The output is as follows:

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=1
numid=1,iface=PCM,name='Capture Channel Map'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=r----R--,values=2,min=0,max=36,step=0
  : values=3,4
  |     | chmap-fixed=FL,FR

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=2
numid=2,iface=PCM,name='Playback Channel Map'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=r----R--,values=2,min=0,max=36,step=0
  : values=3,4
  |     | chmap-fixed=FL,FR

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=3
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Sidetone Playback Switch'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
  : values=on

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=4
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Sidetone Playback Volume'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---R--,values=1,min=0,max=56,step=0
  : values=0
  | dBminmax-min=-74.00dB,max=-18.00dB

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=5
numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Volume'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=2,min=0,max=1,step=0
amixer: Control hw:1 element read error: Invalid argument

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=6
numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Volume',index=1
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=1,min=0,max=1,step=0
amixer: Control hw:1 element read error: Invalid argument

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=7
numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Volume',index=2
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=1,min=0,max=1,step=0
amixer: Control hw:1 element read error: Invalid argument

[root@Blitz mastermind]# amixer -c Headset cget numid=8
numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Volume',index=3
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=1,min=0,max=1,step=0
amixer: Control hw:1 element read error: Invalid argument

Thank you for your response.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
> For the last week or so I have been trying to get Alsamixer to interface
> with my Steelseries Siberia Elite.
>
> When opening the mixer, it immeditatly crashes with
> "cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument".

This is probably a bug in the headset's firmware.

Try reading all mixer controls with

  amixer -c Headset cget numid=1

for all numid values 1...8, and tell us which ones work.

Regards,
Clemens