USB Headset - Alsamixer Crash

Hello,

For the last week or so I have been trying to get Alsamixer to interface
with my Steelseries Siberia Elite. When the headset is set as the default
card I find myself unable to configure the levels trough either Alsamixer or
Amixer.

The headset itself does work and is giving audio. I can successfully play
music trough mpd, vlc, mplayer, etcetera.

When opening the mixer, it immeditatly crashes with
"cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument".

After digging further, I have found the specific lines that cause the error
above:

'/usr/share/alsa/init/default:171: value write error: Invalid argument
/usr/share/alsa/init/default:185: value write error: Invalid argument'

The headset is connected trough USB. I have the snd-usb-audio module loaded
succesfully.

To avoid clutter in the e-mail, instead of copying all of my outputs I want
to politley defer you to my thread on the Arch Linux forums. It has several
outputs suchs as dmesg, Alsa information script, aplay, alsactl and more.
The thread is located here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1414711

I hope that you will be able to provide me with some usefull information
regarding my problem. I appreciate your time, and please do not hesitate to
ask for more information when required.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Mastermind