Re: LogiLink 7.1 USB. C-Media CM106. Digital-In not working

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a LogiLink 7.1 USB soundcard. lsusb reports:

>    ID 0d8c:0102 C-Media Electronics, Inc. CM106 Like Sound Device

> All analog in- and outputs work fine. I haven't tested digital-out yet,
> but do have problems with the digital input, which I need desperately.

[...]

> The output of the cd-player is ok, verified with a stand-alone DAC.
> Unfortunately I have no digital source with 32 oder 48 kHz to test
> with.

Finally I found the problem. It was the S/PDIF-to-Toslink-Converter.
Because it worked with the standalone-DAC, I assumed that it is ok.
But now and then I also had noise or signal-loss with the converter
and the DAC, so I tried a DAT as a converter and can confirm now that
the digital input of the card works with 48 and 44.1 kHz signals.

Martin