Re: Problem getting sound from USB card

On 04/28/2014 05:04 PM, chris hermansen wrote:
A & list;

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 2:49 AM, A <publicface@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting any sound from browsers - chrome & firefox
(hulu, youtube); and also VLC; if I try to use my USB device.  amarok
and jitsi work fine.

Everything works if I use the Intel soundcard.

Any ideas please?

Thank you in advance

A, the kernel you are using (3.2) did not work well for me through my C-Media USB device (a Schiit Bifrost).

Maybe you should try a live cd version, say Ubuntu 14.04, with a much newer kernel.

Thank you for your response.  14.04 is still in beta at this time as I understand it, and upgrading at this time is really not an option for me right now.  12.04 is LTS for 5 years, good until 2017 I think.

I hope someone else has a better solution?

Thank you