Midiexpress XT Parallel

Hi,

I am having trouble with my motu midi express XT. I can recieve midi,
however the ports do not match, that is, physical port 5 matches "MTP
remote 3", but I cannot play back anything.

So the way external -> computer works, even though slightly twisted and
not yet heavily tested, but:
computer -> external does not. I've connected qmidiarp as well as
qtractor to each and all 18 ports. Nothing, the interface does not even
indicate any traffic.

Any Ideas?