Re: Reverse engineering a Mairan UCON-CX

On 04/03/2014 08:31 PM, Anders Genell wrote:
> 3 apr 2014 kl. 17:54 skrev Daniel Mack <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Thanks!
>
> I might be able to set up an old laptop I have laying around with
> e.g. Debian and with a VirtualBox running XP SP3.

Ok. If you do, please take captures of the traffic that occurs when ...

 * The card is plugged in and initialized, without any audio streaming
 * The stream is started in all supported sample rates, some seconds
   suffice
 * MIDI is received
 * MIDI is sent
 * Mixer settings are changed [*]
 * Clock settings are changed (WCLK/SPDIF/internal/...)

[*] The mixer panel looks insane, it's probably necessary to tweak all
possible switches, knobs and sliders in this panel:

  http://www.marian.de/img/p_right_ucon_cx_big2.jpg

>> It might be worth the effort, the hardware actually looks quite
>> advanced, according to the specs on their website.
>
> I could grant remote ssh access if someone would give it a shot - I'm
> not all that well versed in the usbmon-audio-device-communication
> world...

Thanks for the offer, but ssh is not really suitable for such things.
After all, I can't hear anything over that channel :)

Daniel