7.1 surround not working on ALC892/ Ubuntu 13.04

Hi,

I am unable to get 7.1 surround sound option on my system.
Alsamixer is not giving me any option to choose 8 channels.
Surround 5.1 is working correctly.
I am not sure how to configure the system to get the 8 channel setup working.

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 13.04
Codename: raring

Attaching all the sound-card information I could gather from the system.
Please let me know in case any additional information is needed to debug the issue.

user1@user1-MI970VF:~/ufouser$ cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
Codec: Realtek ALC892

user1@user1-MI970VF:~/ufouser$ aplay -l
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

user1@user1-MI970VF:~/ufouser$ aplay -L
default
    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
sysdefault:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
iec958:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
    Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Digital
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
    Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Digital
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Digital
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog
    Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Digital
    Hardware device with all software conversions

# NO CHANGES DONE IN DEFAULTS

user1@user1-MI970VF:~/ufouser$ cat /etc/pulse/
client.conf  daemon.conf  default.pa   system.pa
user1@user1-MI970VF:~/ufouser$ cat /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
; daemonize = no
; fail = yes
; allow-module-loading = yes
; allow-exit = yes
; use-pid-file = yes
; system-instance = no
; local-server-type = user
; enable-shm = yes
; shm-size-bytes = 0 # setting this 0 will use the system-default, usually 64 MiB
; lock-memory = no
; cpu-limit = no

; high-priority = yes
; nice-level = -11

; realtime-scheduling = yes
; realtime-priority = 5

; exit-idle-time = 20
; scache-idle-time = 20

; dl-search-path = (depends on architecture)

; load-default-script-file = yes
; default-script-file = /etc/pulse/default.pa

; log-target = auto
; log-level = notice
; log-meta = no
; log-time = no
; log-backtrace = 0

resample-method = speex-float-1
; enable-remixing = yes
; enable-lfe-remixing = no

flat-volumes = no

; rlimit-fsize = -1
; rlimit-data = -1
; rlimit-stack = -1
; rlimit-core = -1
; rlimit-as = -1
; rlimit-rss = -1
; rlimit-nproc = -1
; rlimit-nofile = 256
; rlimit-memlock = -1
; rlimit-locks = -1
; rlimit-sigpending = -1
; rlimit-msgqueue = -1
; rlimit-nice = 31
; rlimit-rtprio = 9
; rlimit-rttime = 1000000

; default-sample-format = s16le
; default-sample-rate = 44100
; alternate-sample-rate = 48000
; default-sample-channels = 2
; default-channel-map = front-left,front-right

default-fragments = 8
default-fragment-size-msec = 10

; enable-deferred-volume = yes
deferred-volume-safety-margin-usec = 1
; deferred-volume-extra-delay-usec = 0

user1@user1-MI970VF:~/MCastDownloadClient_files/Logs$ alsactl -v
alsactl version 1.0.25
asound.conf doesnot exist and was not created manually.
Need a sample to create a 8 channel routing setup.