OSS emulation by mapping playback and recording to different cards

Hello everyone,

I would like to get some help with configuring ALSA's OSS emulation
feature and am wondering if what I try to achieve is possible in
principle.

I have:
- a RaspberryPi with Raspbian
- it has a built-in audio out (a 3.5mm jack to which I connect speakers)
- a USB webcam with a microphone

cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [ALSA           ]: BRCM bcm2835 ALSbcm2835 ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA
                      bcm2835 ALSA
 1 [e2025          ]: USB-Audio - eFace 2025
                      NT96120 eFace 2025 at usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3.2, high speed

I can use both with ALSA itself and have tested them with arecord and
aplay. However, I need it to work in OSS emulation mode, because my
software - Asterisk, prefers^ that.

Asterisk's OSS configuration only has one setting for audio I/O,
rather than a setting for the mic and one for the output:
device = /dev/dsp

With this setting, I can hear audio, but the mic doesn't work. If I
configure it as device=/dev/dsp1 - then the mic works, but audio out
does not.

Thus my question is whether ALSA's OSS compatibility layer can create
a virtual device, by mapping the playback and recording capabilities
to 2 different pieces of hardware.

Your hints will be greatly appreciated,
Alex

^ To be specific, I need Asterisk itself to act as a SIP client, and
it can be done either via chan_alsa or chan_oss; the former does not
support video, therefore I resorted to OSS emulation.