Intel H61AG

I have an intel H61AG Mobo with a Realtek ALC892 chipset that exposes a 7.1 analogue header. I cannot get sound out of any of the analog surround headers except for the front left and right.

I have played with the bios settings and managed to disable HDMI audio, so I can now see the chipset as realtek alc892 in the alsamixer rather than intel cougarpoint hdmi, but still get no controls from the alsamixer for front / surround / center etc.

A speaker-test hw:0,0 -c8 -twav plays audio to analog front but nothing else.

I've tried adding options settings to the /etc/modpobe.d/asla-base.conf with no luck.

Am currently running: Linux ubuntu 3.11.0-12-generic but have tried many kernels and linux distros all with the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ed Stark