Re: Fwd: snd-usb-audio - USB DAC can't set sample frequency

> I was about to recommend you look at the mixer values in case there are
> any, but the display detail actually let's me assume that there's
> something wrong in the setup sequence.

There were no controls in mixer. At first i also missed some typical
audiocontrol device descriptors like typical CLOCK_SOURCE and
CLOCK_SELECTOR subtypes. But after looking at USB dump from Zodiac
Gold, which was working flawlessly, there are also no controls and
almost same values at rest of descriptors. Only visible difference is
declared bLockDelay, but this could be just due to hardware
functionality difference and maybe it is not necessary for Platinum.

> That would be be good, yes. After all, it might be the Windows driver
> does something beyond the UAC standard to kick off the stream.
>
> Quite frankly, I don't really know why this device doesn't work for you.
> Ideally, you'd be able to trace the USB communication on both Windows
> and Linux, and compare them. I don't know if you're able to do that though.

I'll try to settle for DAC loan for weekend.. I'll be more comfortable
with its further testing at my place. Unfortunately I don't have any
lower level hardware analyser like Beagle. Do you think USB
communication dumps in pcap format from usbmon module on Linux and
USBPcap on Windows will be enough for checking and comparison at least
for initialization stage?

Aside from that, i found your test tool for playback of DSDIFF files
to ALSA at github. I wasn't really aware, that recent ALSA library
have internally defined DSD format and could pack DSD frames to PCM at
audio driver by itself, so it is not necessary to do it in
application, that is cool. Maybe i could later do also test with that
tool, only thing will be replace hardcoded device name for hw:MPD3 and
adjusting defines either for 64fs or 128fs DSD input file.

Michal
.