Re: Fwd: snd-usb-audio - USB DAC can't set sample frequency

On 12/18/2013 03:19 PM, Michal Šmucr wrote:
> If i ran aplay, it seemed to be playing, it probably passed frames to
> interface, but there were no sound and indication of samplerate on
> DAC's display.. (when working under Windows, it always shows
> samplerate number or DSD rate).

I was about to recommend you look at the mixer values in case there are
any, but the display detail actually let's me assume that there's
something wrong in the setup sequence.

>> As you can see in line 310 of the code linked above, this is only a
>> warning that shouldn't harm (actually, it's a misbehaving firmware that
>> you face here).
>
> So ideally, it should be reading of samplerate from particular
> endpoint, it will be nice to fix it at firmware, but it should not
> prevent playback.

Yes, exactly.

>> Ok, that's good. For the sake of completeness, you could also try Mac OS
>> X with the stock USB audio driver they ship with.
>>

> Currently i don't have any Mac OS X machine by hand except from VMWare
> image, but i'll try to reach it.

That would be be good, yes. After all, it might be the Windows driver
does something beyond the UAC standard to kick off the stream.

Quite frankly, I don't really know why this device doesn't work for you.
Ideally, you'd be able to trace the USB communication on both Windows
and Linux, and compare them. I don't know if you're able to do that though.

Daniel