Re: alsa clearifications

d. On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:48:54 -0500 "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Trying to get my newly purchased Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 to
function more fully on my Linux Mint Mate Petra system (using a HP
500-46 Pavillion desktop, dual booting w/Windows 8.1).

For starters, I think I may need to update my alsa... (perhaps it is
other problems, that is, other than updating alsa??). The alsa page
supporting this piece of hardware says to install the latest alsa
drivers, etc... on the alsa project page, I do not see a file called
"alsa driver" ( my version of alsa-base is 1.0.25).

Thanks all for the thoughtful comments & suggestions...

A few considerations in turn: