Re: aplay --dump-hw-params freezes

Dne Ne 24. listopadu 15:25:53, Clemens Ladisch napsal(a):
> David Kačerek wrote:
> > when executing aplay --dump-hw-params it allways kinda freezes
>
> When you run aplay without a file name, it tries to read audio data
> from its standard input.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Thanks, it finally showed some HW params, but isn't it weird to require an
audio file if I just want to dump parameters of a HW device?
But nevermind, the actuall problem now comes up. I wanted to list supported
sample frequencies of my sound card and it shows only 2: 44100 96000, even
though according to the official card specifications I once read somwhere over
the Intel portal it should support more - and it actually does on Windows
where I can play almost every imaginable frequency from the range of 44,1 to
192 via ASIO4ALL (which allows for direct access and sends the audio stream
straight to the hw without the Windows audio mixer being involved and doing
some unneccessary resampling). If I play e.g an 88,2khz track that way it
displays an error without playing that file so you can see it uses only the hw
capabilities. But I'm telling this because it successfully plays a 192khz
soundtrack because the hw obviously supports it as it is being claimed in the
official Intel specification after all. But when playing such a file in
GNU/Linux through an alsa virtual device which doesn't include dmix or doesn't
force resampling any other way I know of - it automatically resamples the
192khz stream to a 96khz one as seen in
/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params. It should leave it at 192khz since
any other less-than-192khz file I throw at it it leaves at its original sample
rate (except the 88,2 one which I've mentioned above and which it resamples to
the nearest 96khz which is actually welcomed). So It seems as the alsa driver
doesn't use the card full potential IMHO. Maybe a bug or is there some
quirk/workaround needed to be set? Thank you very much.