Re: M-Audio keystudio usb midi keyboard works on Ubuntu Studio 12.04, not on 13.10, now what ?

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To get sound, you have to connect it to some synthesizer.
> How did you do this in 12.04?

Simply followed instructions here:

http://serial-coder.co.uk/blog/2012/08/m-audio-keystudio-keyboard-with-ubuntu-12-04-howto/

Current problem is that step 5, connecting midi to synth fails in
jack. Funny thing is, that if I'm running aseqdump, qjackctl nicely
lists connection between keyboard and aseqdump. It is even able to
break that connection, but nothing, as it seems, makes connecting
work.

I also tried to make qsynth listen directly to alsa sequencer and
output directly to alsa or pulseaudio with no success.

I assume that driver is called somehow when the connection is made ?
If so, which function should I start looking at ? Or is this connect
purely userland stuff ?

- Jyrki