XMOS multichannel ref. design board - Any success stories?

Hello to all,

i would like to ask you for any experience with snd-usb-audio module
and this board:
http://www.xmos.com/products/reference-designs/multichannel

Friends had some issues, basically can't set hw params and initiate
playback, with this interface and i would like to help them.
So before i'll get my hands on it to do further debugging, i'd like to
ask other potential users.
I know, there are quite few compatible products and DIY designs based
on LS-1 chip, but only with stereo SPDIF and I2S I/Os with slightly
different base firmware by XMOS, but except of one thread on XMOS
forum i didn't find any information about compatibility with recent
snd-usb-audio driver.

Thank you very much

Michal