Re: control iec958 AES bits on Audio Advantage Micro II

On 2013-05-29 12:37, A. C. Censi wrote:

> On May 29, 2013 4:05 AM, "Clemens Ladisch" <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>> The CM102 might have some vendor-specific command for this, but if it
>> exists, the driver does not support it.
>
> From the card flyer:
>
> Inserting the included TOSLINK adapter into the stereo jack converts it
> into a S/PDIF digital optical output, allowing you to connect your Mac
> or PC to the optical digital input on home theater systems, digital
> speakers and other digital audio devices. This digital connection lets
> you enjoy DVD or streaming digital movies on your Mac or PC in
> high-quality, pure digital format. By installing an optional driver, the
> digital output can also send Dolby® Digital or DTS™ surround sound as an
> encoded digital audio stream to your home theater system. (NOTE: This
> feature is only available on the Windows platform)
>
> --
> A C Censi

Hello,
I have added support for these to alsa driver, so iecset can be used to
produce the compliant stream.
How can I send changes/patch? As I understood from the guide the git
repo covers driver state for kernel 2.6 only. Changes I made are based
on kernel 3.6.
I know this is rather alsa-devel related question but it links to the
subject anyway.
Thanks