control iec958 AES bits on Audio Advantage Micro II

I'd like to ensure the ac3/dts passthrough is sent with correct format
that involves AES0..3 bits.
I'm referring to the Turtlebeach Audio Advantage Micro II card
(CM102-A+/102S+ Audio Controller).

Commonly the iecset too can be used for that purpose, however it looks
for the "IEC958 Playback Default" control entry, which is not reported
for this card.

Could you give me a short overview of what is responsible for not having
this entry for that card:
- it's the hardware level (I suppose not as I'd guess the product is
ready to deliver spdif compliant stream)
- the driver level (default snd-usb-audio is used)
- lib level (that the iecset tool is using)
- or just the .asoundrc is missing some extra entries

Note that sending pcm/ac3/dts streams content via the card is not a
problem, but in parallel to the streaming the AES bits must be set by
some means.