Re: How to install usb Maudio Micro "Couldn't open device, some information will be missing "

On Sun, 26 May 2013, chris hermansen wrote:

> Pukul Sesuatu and list;
>
> On May 26, 2013 8:02 PM, "pukul sesuatu" <niejogja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> to Torstein I will try on a different machine using a desktop Linux
>> distribution first.but i cant found folder sound/usb/quirks-table.h on
>> my raspberry pii, where it is?
>> ====
>> to Clemens yes if a desktop Pc like window it automatically work even
>> without driver.
>>

> Do you have the kernel source? you should find it in there.

a) Yes, that is a change to the source code of alsa. You will have to
recompile alsa if you want that change to take effect. Not a simple operation
for the uninitiated.
b) I believe Clemens meant do you have a desktop machine running linux and
does the card work there. Ie, he is wondering if there is something about the
Raspberry pi and its version of Linux  that is causing the problems.

USB sound cards SHOULD just plug in an play. That it works that way on Windows
(ie no driver needed) suggests that that should also work for Linux.
There is a soundcard standard for usb sound cards, and if the card obeys those
standards it should work. The only fly could be that the sound card requires
firmware to operate (as with many of the Maudio products). Then that firmware
must be loaded to the card first. Without it the device is not a soundcard at
all.