Re: [off-list] Is RME HDSPe AIO supported?

On 05/22/13 03:13, Ben Briedis wrote:

>> Subject: [off-list]  Is RME HDSPe AIO supported?
>> From: ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To: benbriedis@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:25:41 +0200
>>
>> Off-list, since the mail at least seems to be delayed. It didn't came
>> through the list right now.
>>
>> FWIW, the analog IOs do work in addition to the 2 ADAT IOs, but perhaps
>> with jitter, see below.
>>
>> Please reply to the list. I only sent this off-list, so that you get a
>> quick response.

The opposite is true. Ralf is as usual for the last two (?) years the
single most annoying source for wrong facts about using RME cards on
linux (ever since he got his card, a fact he has to point out several
times per month) and I for once am sick of having to correct the false
information he emits.

1) The card's developers suggest NOT using PCI<->PCIe conversion boards
2) Of course all outputs of the AIO work
3) Of course sample rates >48kHz are supported
4) I don't know what gives Ralf the idea that hdspconf has something to
do with the AIO (or the RayDAT, AES32 or any MADI card, for that matter)
5) alsamixer (or any other program using ALSA controls) is the official
way to configure the card
6) Please forget about the jitter bullshit
7) Of course the audio data going through the card is not depending on
the operating system that is controlling the card.

Regarding the other comment about extension cards: At the time I added
AIO support to the driver, I could only test what I had, and that was
the TCO module. If there are features missing, one would have to provide
the current maintainer of the driver with the neccessary hardware (or
add the missing features yourself, it is open source, you know :).

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key B3B9226C