Setting up dsnoop, bindings (or how to determine the binding IDs)?

Hi all.

I don't want to link this question to particular sound card model, so imagine me having an abstract 5.1 soundcard, which has line in and mic in plugged in, this particular configuration allows, after choosing record from proper channel, to record either mic with Audacity..

now, I also have aplay -L, access /proc/asound/ and a desire to be able to autonomously records from both inputs , so I want two dsnoop devices upon "hw:0,0" with different inputs.

How do I get binding numbers for [mic|aux|line in] ports? How do I write them down in dsnoop channel bindings?
How to tell the system that my dsnooped card has only 1 input (in Audacity, my test dsnoop config exhibits multiple inputs - mic,mix,aux,line...).

cheers, Igor