Re: problem with new 1.0.25 build on Ubuntu Lucid

Andrew, list:

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Andrew RT <andrew2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On April 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM Andrew RT <andrew2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> Hi, guys
>>
>> I'm on Ubuntu Lucid, 2.6.32-45-generic, had audio working up until I pursued new alsa driver a couple of days ago.
[...]
>> By the way I tried to revert to official alsa packages and failed miserably; thus, there seems to be no turning back
>>
>> Please help!
>>

> Bump.
>
> I've got a disastrous loss of audio on my main system.  Anyone have a clue?

You certainly have my sympathy!

Lucid / 2.6.32 kernel is pretty old; can I ask some dumb questions?

Do you use pulse audio or bare-bones Alsa?

If Alsa:

- what happens when you do a "sudo aplay -l"?
- what happens when you do a "sudo aplay -L"?
- what do you see in /proc/asound?
- do you see any errors in your system log file about audio?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.