No recording from Xonar D2X

Hi,

I bought a new motherboard with AMD 64-bit and with Realtek ALC 892
sound onboard. My system is Debian squeeze with Alsa version 1.0.23 and
the sound module was was not to be found in the alsa list of supported
soundcards. I have had lots of trouble with soundcards in the past, so I
decided to buy a card from the list. I got a Xonar D2x (not really a
bargain but reported to work). Now there are the following problems:

- Playback works
- Microphone shows only with one channel and does not work (with or
without mic boost. The mixer in Xonar PDF-Manual shows a slider with two
channels.
- Line in has two channels but is only one switch (no sliders in the
mixer). Recording does not work too. The Manual shows a 2-channel-slider
too. Here some data:

cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [D2X            ]: AV200 - Xonar D2X
                      Asus Virtuoso 200 (rev 2) at 0xb000, irq 48
 2 [Generic        ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
                      HD-Audio Generic at 0xfea40000 irq 25

cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_virtuoso
 2 snd_hda_intel

I don't know what Generic HDA-Intel is, the onboard sound module is
disabled. Hardware with sound capabilities is removed.
If this list takes mail attatchments (I'm new here), I can send the
output of "alsa_utils_alsa-info.sh".

Thank you for your help.

Werner