Re: Max sample rate question for Asus Xonar DG

Jivko Sabev wrote:
> I want to confirm what is the maximum sample rate for the Asus Xonar
> DG cards. According to the alsa-wiki at
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Asus
>
> it is 96Khz.

I'm quite sure that *clickety* *click* it is 192 kHz.

> This is confirmed on the specs of the Xonar DG.

These specs are for the Windows driver.

> However, I am able to play 24bit/192Khz files directly using the hw:0
> device in ALSA. Also, the content of
> /proc/asound/DG/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
> shows:
> rate: 192000 (192000/1)
>
> Does this mean that the hardware is actually able to play 192KHZ
> sample rates or is the driver doing downsampling automatically?

The hardware supports 192 kHz just fine.  Apparently, Asus marketing
decided that it wouldn't be a good idea for the DG to support higher
rates than the DS.

Regards,
Clemens