Max sample rate question for Asus Xonar DG

Greetings,

My apologies for the rather basic question. I want to confirm what is
the maximum sample rate for the Asus Xonar DG cards. According to the
alsa-wiki at

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Asus

it is 96Khz. This is confirmed on the specs of the Xonar DG. However,
I am able to play 24bit/192Khz files directly using the hw:0 device in
ALSA. Also, the content of

/proc/asound/DG/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params

shows:

---

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 192000 (192000/1)
period_size: 11904
buffer_size: 48000

---

Does this mean that the hardware is actually able to play 192KHZ
sample rates or is the driver doing downsampling automatically?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

js