Re: GUI hdspmixer necessary for HDSP 9652?!

On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 07:39 +0100, Schmidt, Christian Thorge wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> after having gotten a few valuable pointers by some of you, I still
> find myself unable to generate multiple, direct-ALSA (ie. no jackd)
> devices from my card.
>
> Does anyone have another pointer as how to make the 24 mono channels
> (or 12 stereo pairs if you want, this would be another good and
> valuable  thing to learn) available as distinct ALSA devices, i.e
> hw:0,1 and hw:0,2 and so on through hw0,24 ?
>
> I'd be very happy to support anyone helping me out in any way
> possible, maybe by letting you access the computer the card is
> connected to or even sending you the card for testing (yes, I'd really
> like this to work without jack :).
>
> By the way, this would also be usable for all those multichannel (ie.
> front, rear, left, right etc.) USB soundcards I suppose, so not just
> the heavy-hitters (in terms of multichannel soundcards)  would benefit
> from the info.
>
> Sincere thanks,
>  Christian.

This would be an improvement for RME cards, that aren't supported very
well. I own the HDSPe AIO and can use it only with 2 ADAT channels, the
other 6 aren't accessible. To ensure hat the card isn't borked, I tested
it with FreeBSD. All 8 ADAT channels are ok, it's not broken hardware.