Re: GUI hdspmixer necessary for HDSP 9652?!

Dear all,

after having gotten a few valuable pointers by some of you, I still
find myself unable to generate multiple, direct-ALSA (ie. no jackd)
devices from my card.

Does anyone have another pointer as how to make the 24 mono channels
(or 12 stereo pairs if you want, this would be another good and
valuable  thing to learn) available as distinct ALSA devices, i.e
hw:0,1 and hw:0,2 and so on through hw0,24 ?

I'd be very happy to support anyone helping me out in any way
possible, maybe by letting you access the computer the card is
connected to or even sending you the card for testing (yes, I'd really
like this to work without jack :).

By the way, this would also be usable for all those multichannel (ie.
front, rear, left, right etc.) USB soundcards I suppose, so not just
the heavy-hitters (in terms of multichannel soundcards)  would benefit
from the info.

Sincere thanks,
 Christian.