Re: Status of CM6631 USB

Torsten and list;

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM, chris hermansen <clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Torstein and list;

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Torstein Hegge <hegge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 11:30:03AM -0800, chris hermansen wrote:
> I would be happy to test this on my Schiit Bifrost as well.  I'm currently
> using the TOSLINK connection but it would be easy peasy to hook up a laptop
> via the USB.

If you could test the patch i just posted to alsa-devel [1], that would
be great.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/106002

I will do my best to test it tonight (GMT-8).

Well, last night came and went and time was short.

Anyway, this morning I booted up my old Toshiba testbed currently running Lubuntu 13.04 and followed these instructions to build a new kernel:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/BuildYourOwnKernel

(by the way if anyone is reading this and thinking "I want to try too", establish the build environment BEFORE trying to get the kernel source).

13.04 is running 3.8.0 kernel at this point in time.

I inserted Torstein's code into line 713 in pcm.c and built the kernel.

I tried  "sudo aplay -vD plughw:CARD=Interface,DEV=0" with my 44.1/16 wav file followed by my 96/24 wav file and...

IT WORKS!!!!

Congratulations, Torstein.

I know this isn't quite "testing the patch" itself, but I wasn't comfortable with the different versions.  Should I do more?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.