Re: Master volume control

Have you looked at the output of
alsamixer?
is there a post dac volume control in that list?

I think that if it is not there, then it has not been implimented in alsa.

I do agree that the alsa documentation is pretty poor. On the other hand, to
expect detailed writeups for every sound card supported, and why some features
are not supported, would be a pretty daunting task. There are probably
somewhere between 1000 and 10000 different sound cards out there. Every fly b
y night board maker seems to make a soundcard and everyone thinks they can do
it better ( which means differently) from everyone else.
The key programmers are not good at or at least have no time for writing
documentation. And noone else has taken the bait to do it. One of the problems
with Opensource unpaid positions. (Not that the documentation from proprietary
systems is any better. At least here you can read the source as one form of
ducumentation.)

Ps, if you are doing "an embedded synth" which sounds like some commercial or
professional grade project, why are you using the on board Intel soundcard. I
have found them to be, in short HORRIBLE. Large distorition, even larger
noise. I would go out and buy something better.