Re: Logitech Z-5 speakers not reliably recognized with CONFIG_HZ>100

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013, Daniel Mack wrote:
> On 05.02.2013 23:34, Martin Topholm wrote:
> > I'm having an issue with unrealiable probing of my Logitech Z-5 USB
> > speakers.
> >
> > With Arch Linux (kernel 3.7.5-1-ARCH) the mixer usually gets attached,
> > but the audio output interface doesn't (aplay -l list is empty). Building
> > a custom kernel with CONFIG_HZ=100 "fixes" the problem and both mixer
> > and audio output interface are reliably recognized every time.
>
> That's really strange and I doubt this is realted to CONFIG_HZ really.
> Are you totally sure about that?

Positive. The speakers work with CONFIG_HZ=100 on my machine, however
since you suggested a hardware error I tested them on two different
machines both with CONFIG_HZ > 100 they worked fine there.

So it is probably a hardware malfunction that I was able to work around
with CONFIG_HZ=100.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Martin Topholm