No soundcards found - but only kernel 3.x

Hello,

May be someone can have a clue to this problem:

ALSA on a SB Live! using kernel 2.6.xx is PERFECT.
No problems at all.

**BUT** on the very SAME SYSTEM (same perms on /dev
/proc is fine and /sys is ok as well - and the same
module loading sequence is used just fine) where THE
ONLY UNIQUE diff is the kernel version....

Where version 2.6.xx is PERFECT, every version 3.x
is LOADING JUST FINE, but ALSA CAN NOT FIND A
SOUNDCARD

-- BUT!!!! note that this detail is driving me nuts...

- ALSA_OSS CAN!!! AND IS JUST PERFECT, where plain
ALSA tools (aplay, amix, etc) are just lost without
a soundcard found..... ALSA_OSS IS WORKING JUST FINE.
E.g. kernel driver ok, devices ok.... but aplay rant:

- No soundcards found....

Did I miss something ? UDEV? or some new kernel parmameter
out of my understanding ? Perms are fine... the driver is fine...

But aplay rant is not... it can not "open" the sound device /dev
despite OSS can and ALL STUFF IS OK in kernel 2.6.xx just PERFECT!

Any hint is welcome.

Regards
Thanx.