Re: HDA Intel Input source 'Mix' only captures analog input, but not PCM

At Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:38:28 +0400,
Ilya Basin wrote:

> Hi list.
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ed1c063b697d0691a00c59eb385db99181ce5383
>
> There are 5 input sources in alsamixer:
> 'Front Mic', 'CD', 'Mic', 'Line', 'Mix'
>
> When I select 'Mix', it records the mixture of microphones, CD,
> and Line in (unmuted on playback page), but not the PCM.

This is the hardware feature.  The analog loopback of AD1988 doesn't
take the PCM input at all.

> I have a dual boot with Windows XP. There the sound card is detected
> as SoundMax HD Audio. On Windows the input source is called 'Stereo
> Mixer' and it records both PCM and analog input (unmuted on playback
> page), although when this source is selected, the analog input no
> longer goes to the speakers.

Windows does the loopback in software, AFAIK.

> Also, unlike on Windows, there are no separate capture controls for
> Mics, CD, and Line in. There's one called 'Digital'. It controls the
> levels of whatever source is currently selected.

Again, it's controlled in software on Windows.

Takashi