HDA Intel Input source 'Mix' only captures analog input, but not PCM

Hi list.
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ed1c063b697d0691a00c59eb385db99181ce5383

There are 5 input sources in alsamixer:
'Front Mic', 'CD', 'Mic', 'Line', 'Mix'

When I select 'Mix', it records the mixture of microphones, CD,
and Line in (unmuted on playback page), but not the PCM.

I have a dual boot with Windows XP. There the sound card is detected
as SoundMax HD Audio. On Windows the input source is called 'Stereo
Mixer' and it records both PCM and analog input (unmuted on playback
page), although when this source is selected, the analog input no
longer goes to the speakers.

Also, unlike on Windows, there are no separate capture controls for
Mics, CD, and Line in. There's one called 'Digital'. It controls the
levels of whatever source is currently selected.