Re: Clicks with MP3 files

Well, I have been reading about ALSA and asoundrc and the like, and it appears
that one explanation for the lack of clicks with aplay is that it ends up
being resampled to 48kHz (I do not know why, but this is from the aplay debug
output).  And if I define a plug device that does the same then the mp3 also
does not click.  Similarly, if I define a plug device that forces 44.1kHs then
I get clicks for the wav file with aplay.

So my problem seems to be that I have clicks at 44.1kHz - the file format is
irrelevant (which makes sense).

But still, I do not understand why.

Andrew