microphone noiser

Hi,

My laptop ASUS S53S is running on CentOS 6.2, the microphone is so
bad, I recored a test file, there were lots of noisers, I am not clear
if it is because to be set up with microphone boost or not, how can I
check the microphone configuration and set up? And, how to fix that
problem? Any helps are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kind regards.

JH