Re: Kernel 3.5 and M-Audio FTU

On 13.08.2012 19:46, Felix Homann wrote:
> Am 13.08.2012 16:59, schrieb Robert M. Albrecht:
>> I can't play audio on the FTU.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> aplay -c 2 -D hw:0,0 test24.wav
>> Wiedergabe: WAVE 'test24.wav' : Signed 24 bit Little Endian in 3bytes,
>> Rate: 44100 Hz, stereo
>> aplay: set_params:1087: Kanalanzahl nicht unterstützt
>>
>> I keep getting compaints about the wrong channel number.
>
> Well, that's because your test file doesn't have the right number of
> channels. You need a file with 8 channel audio and use '-c 8'  or use
> a different programm for testing or run the whole audio file through a
> corresponding plughw interface or use Jack or ...

That's correct, and this is certainly not a new behaviour - the same
command can't have worked on an older kernel.

Also, the patch I sent you, Robert, produces additional output once the
stream is started and the error is shown that you reported in your first
email. Hence, you need to start the stream in order to gather any new
information.

Thanks,
Daniel