Re: Help with emu10k1, ALSA knowledge, routing?

Justin wrote:
> Is it possible to control the routing of the input channels to the
> various outputs on the card?

Yes.

> I don't mind writing a C program or two if need be to make my sound
> card do certain things.

Anything in the standard routing can be controlled with mixer controls:
<http://heim.ifi.uio.no/haakoh/emu10k1/emu10k1-SB0100-mixer-map.png>

By default, the driver does not create controls to select other sources
for the rear output.  However, it would be possible to reprogram the
DSP chip:
<http://emu10k1.sourceforge.net/as10k1-manual/>

Regards,
Clemens