Re: Advice cheap sound card for working capture

paul424 wrote:
> OK which one of those shouldn't have no problems when setting up microphone ?
> SOUND BLASTER CT4810 CREATIVE
> YamahaYMF744
> Creative Sound Blaster Audigy EAX HD SB0090 GOLD
> Creative Live 5.1 CT4760 GOLD
> SOUNDBLASTER SB0100 5.1
> Creative SB Audigy 1394 EAX HD model SB 0090
> Creative Sound Blaster Live CT4830 PCI Digital 5.1
> C3DX CMI8738/PCI-6ch-LX HRTF 3D Audio

In theory, all of them work.  In practice, your microphone probably has
been designed to be compatible with some SoundBlaster, so I'd go for the
latest model, the Audigy.  (It has hundreds of functions you might not
actually need, such as hardware mixing, a MIDI synthesizer, and a good
FireWire controller; all of them are supported in Linux.)

Regards,
Clemens